01 August 2012

As promised...

I promised that I would post some information, links, and things about depression that has been written by a friend of mine, Leigh Turgeon.  She is currently in the middle of a project called "The Blue Veil".  Check it out.


The Blue Veil supports the creation of an external facade, so the inner self, others will never find.
-The Blue Veil, 2012, Leigh Turgeon

Have you ever met someone that just seemed to happy? Well, as I have struggled with depression I have often resented those people, until I realized this one thing.  What if their overt and obvious (sometimes sickening) happiness was a façade just like the one I cultivated for my external self every day? What if these people were also hurting inside and not showing it externally?  Whether this was true about people or not, I would never know. Just like, I hoped, no one would ever see behind my carefully designed façade. I think they did…if they took the time to look, did they?


To purchase a copy of "The Blue Veil" (well worth it, in my opinion):

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...